Book Before 5pm Today & Save £200! Don’t Miss The Latest Trends & Innovations From 27 Leading Brands In 1 Inspiring Day
Trend-Led, Customer-Centric & Profit-Boosting Food & Drink NPD: Win Customers With Future-Ready, Profitable NPD & Product Innovation Strategies Which Deliver On The Hottest Consumer, Shopper, Retailing, Plant-Based, Health, Sustainability, Ingredients & Packaging Trends To Survive & Thrive Into 2021 & Beyond.
A One-Day, Brand-Led, Conference & Networking Event, 17th March 2021, Virtually. @FoodTrendsConf
Hot Customer & Shopper Insights
09.20 Customer-Centric & Consumer-Led NPD: Actionable, Valuable & Business-Critical Insights
- Identify white space with insights into the customer, their category frustrations, motivations and needs to align your NPD with diverging consumer interests
- Predict, prepare for and profit from future consumer shopping behaviours to remain competitive and claim your space in post-Covid19 online retail
- Instant connections and rapid responses – leverage social media for efficient, targeted research and profit-boosting customer insights for cross-category, multi-channel success
- Evaluate and build quality customer insight pipelines to measure, benchmark and select the most objective research models
- Adapt methods to gather customer insights and keep pace with evolvingshopper behaviours during the Covid-19 pandemic
Liz Forte, Marketing Director, Compass Group UK&I
Plant-Based NPD | Panel Discussion & Q&A
09.40 From Meat Reduction To Veganism & Everything In-Between, Understand Consumer Motivations & The Data Behind The Diets To Unlock & Capitalise On Plant-Based NPD
- De-blur the lines between plant-based, meat-free, vegan and flexitarian to distinguish between meat-reduction vs meat-exemption, fine-tune your marketing strategies and produce targeted NPD
- Who is your audience and what do they really want? Understand shopper motivations and the numbers behind the trends to appeal to different markets with profitable and data-driven NPD
- A guilt-free conscience? Meat-free and Plant-based diets are here to stay but how sustainable are these trends and what is the real impact on our planet?
- Dig deeper into health claims, nutrition and promotion of plant-based products as health alternatives
- Pea? Grass? Hemp? Discover the next hot ingredient for meat-free and plant-based to supercharge your NPD, stand out from the crowd and excite your customers
The Sustainable Conundrum
10.15 From Soil To Shelf: Understand What Sustainability Really Means To Customers & Suppliers To Produce Sustainable NPD & Promote Your Green Credentials
- Unlock consumer insight to understand customer motivations, tackle frustrations and discover what sustainability really means to your target audience and how to deliver on expectations
- Leverage the latest technology to improve awareness of product providence in NPD and boost supply-chain transparency
- An affordable conscience: how do you ensure that products are not only sustainable but affordable for your consumers?
- From palm oil to avocados: how are suppliers working to improve their sustainability throughout the supply chain and the realistic and long-lasting effects on your NPD
- Revisit the importance of food security and supply chain resilience in time of uncertainty and crisis
Speaker to be announced. Please check the website for updates.
10.35 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
Stand-Out NPD Success - Boost Profits!
11.05 Make Your Mark In A Crowded & Fast-Moving Market – How To Produce Successful & Profit-Boosting NPD To Remain Competitive & Ahead Of The Curve
- Discover the success criteria behind launching successful, long-lasting and commercially-viable NPD when time is money and the odds are against you
- How do you adapt rapidly to changing trends and customer insight to remain agile and first to market whilst maintaining the quality, sustainability and value of your NPD?
- Not just a flash in the pan, identify the white space and the next hot, category-blurring NPD trends which boost sales, win customers and complement your core products
- Keep your eye on the prize, learn how to balance investment in NPD and your core products, navigate targeted vs mass NPD and ensure profits within your manufacturing capabilities
- Understand how to measure ROI and long-term success, harness marketing metrics and customer insight to guarantee long-term, data-driven and repeat results
itsu Case Study
11.25 Innovation For A Healthy Brand
- Step one! Assess your brand to identify key areas innovation is needed and decide your optimum approach
- Insights into how itsu conducted research into health to really fulfill a market need and to stand out from similar brands on the high street
- How has itsu narrowed in on exactly what health means to the consumer?
- From insights to action: examples of health-driven menu innovation
11.45 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner SKIM.
Ingredients & Flavours - Speed Dating Demos
12.15 Ingredients & Flavours - Speed Dating Demos, Follow Your Nose! Take Part In The Quick-Fire Demos To Explore The Latest Hot Ingredients, Flavours & Sensory Trends
1. Food Technologist: Aligning Flavours, Sensory & Culinary Models
2. Drink: From CBD To Matcha & Alcohol-Free
3. Chef Demo: Flavour Trends & Inspiration
5. Functional Ingredients
12.55 Lunch & Informal Networking For Speakers, Delegates & Partners
13.55 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Hot Market Trends & Innovations | Panel Discussion & Q&A
14.05 Here Today, Gone Tomorrow – Capitalise On The Trends That Are Here To Stay & The Fads That Will Fade
- Identify the next trend hotspots to get ahead of the game, keep your finger on the pulse and produce profitable and trail-blazing NPD
- Beat the buzz to spot the long-lasting trends, understand the real market demand and produce on-trend NPD
- Effectively translate regional sensations into innovative national trends, boost sales and widen your consumer base
- What can we learn from the street-food vendors capturing the hearts of the British public and adapting international cuisines to their palettes?
- Discover quick-thinking creative NPD designed to tackle lockdown lethargy and entertain a captive audience
Scott Martin, Director Of Food & Beverage, InterContinental London Park Lane
14.35 Identify & Action Opportunities In The Face Of Adversity
- Empty shelves, stockpiling and jaw-dropping demand, how to navigate supply chain gaps and restrictions to continue with business as usual
- Tap into the consumer mindset to successfully market NPD in uncertain times, renew consumer confidence and retain loyal customers
- Keep calm and cook! Discover how to leverage a renewed interest in home cooking, provenance and independent suppliers
- Overcome social-distancing barriers whilst protecting your customers with virtual NPD and innovative packaging alternatives
- Don’t just survive! Thrive in the face of adversity with quickfire NPD, nimble relaunches and creative solutions to capture new customers and continue hitting sales targets in tough economic climates
- How do you ensure NPD remains competitive and ready to go when the dust settles?
Future-Ready Packaging | Panel Discussion & Q&A
14.55 From Plastic & Glass To Cardboard & Bring Your Own – Navigate Alternatives & Examine The Long-Term Picture For Sustainable Packaging
- Explore alternatives, debunk myths, cut through hype and promote transparency to counter media criticism and communicate with stakeholders about packaging alternatives with genuine data and sources
- Discover the difference between available and commercially-viable packaging alternatives, their long-term effects and sustainability claims to align your business with future realities and promote industry-wide collaboration
- Cut through the jargon to understand the complexities of recyclable packaging, customer expectations and motivations to adapt your packaging and retain customers
- Harness customer insight to educate consumers about sustainable alternatives, ensure they are prepared for long-term packaging changes and that your infrastructure is up to the challenge
- Packaging pitfalls: discover creative and viable packaging solutions to alleviate fear and ensure your products reach your customers
15.25 Informal Break Out Discussions
A) Coronavirus Impact
B) Manufacturing Capabilities
Dr. Susie Turan, Head of R&D, Genius Food Ltd
D) Alcohol Trends
E) Traditional Protein
F) Sugar Tax
G) Burst The London Bubble
15.55 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
16.25 Bonus Session Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
Health Q&A Panel
16.55 The Healthy Hype: Discover The Ambitions Of The Health And Wellness Brands Who Have Cornered The Market & Explore The Latest Health Trends & Their Cure-All Claims For Informed NPD
- Spot the niche products and ingredients that will be the next mass health sensations and fast-track them into your NPD
- What are the emerging health and wellness superfoods - and are they really enduring trends?
- Explore the rise of clean food and clean labels to understand what health means to your consumers
- The data, research and sources behind the latest health, wellness and diet claims around sugar, fat, salt and gut health and how to apply them to your NPD
- Guilty pleasures: find the profitable balance between health and indulgence for winning NPD that will hook consumers at the first bite and ensure repeat sales
- Lockdown lifestyle? What is the consumer demand for natural and organic products and road maps for the ‘new normal’
17.25 Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close of Conference
PLUS! Don't Miss Our Sister Event Taking Place In The Netherlands In Spring 2021: The NPD Food & Drink Amsterdam Conference. Confirmed Speakers Include...
Inspiring, Consumer-Driven, Commercially-Successful Food & Drink New Product Development: Insights Into The Latest Consumer-Led Health Trends, Plant-Based Innovations, Free-From, Retailer & Convenience Insights & Sustainable Product Development To Deliver Stand-Out, Profit-Boosting NPD & Product Innovations. A Brand-Led, One-Day Conference & Networking Event, Amsterdam.
Shape Your Food & Drink Strategies With Insights Into The Hottest Trends & Innovations That Are The Perfect Recipe For Profitable NPD:
- Win Big With The Latest Lucrative Health & Ingredients Trends: Drive product success, nutritional value and satisfy consumer demands to propel profits
- Profitable Plant-Based Products Which Appeal To The Masses: Perfect texture, flavour and taste for fly-off-the-shelf, plant-powered NPD
- Hot Trends & Innovations To Excite Consumers: Drive commercially-successful NPD which impresses consumers and boosts sales
- Deep-Dive Into The Mind Of The Consumer! Guarantee your products thrive despite the rapidly-changing trends and interests of shoppers
- Boost Sustainability With Innovative Methods: Get the seal of approval with sustainable NPD which meets environmental considerations and still drives commercial success
- It’s More Than Just Plastic! Deliver On Your Packaging Promise: Packaging solutions which appease eco-conscious consumers, are cost-effective and reduce
- Focus On Low-Sugar NPD: The latest tools and solutions to assist your portfolio in its journey towards sugar reduction
- On-Trend, Convenient Products For Time-Poor Consumers: Innovate your portfolio with convenient products that stand-out in a growing space
33 Food & Drink Brands In One Day Reveal Unstoppable Food & Drink Trends & Innovations For Best-Selling Products & Attention-Grabbing Marketing: Capitalise On Critical Vegan, Plant-Based, Health, Sustainability, Convenience & Retail Trends For Captivating Products That Excite Shoppers With The Latest Flavours, Ingredients & International Cuisines, On-Trend Packaging, Profitable NPD Strategies & Engaging Marketing Campaigns
A One-Day, Brand-Led Conference & Networking Event, 14th January 2021, Virtual.